Friday, October 28, 2011

Nothing much...

So it is a chilly rainy Friday nite and I am under the blankies with my heated flax seed pad, perusing the net's foodie sites as I recoup from a nasty tummy bug. I guess that means that, although not well enough to really eat, at least the sight and thought of food isn't making me rush to the bathroom gagging. That's definately huge progress.


So maybe tomorrow or Sunday will find me ready and willing to brave the larders for more than crackers and mashed potatoes.


Funny thing about this bug is that if the whole rest of the fam had not had it, I wouldn't really know it as anything different that what the last year has been. Uggg...


Another funny thing is.....I am not sure what it says about me that while basically unable to eat for the last 12 months, the majority of my media is about FOOD. TV, mags, facebook, blogs, cookbooks, websites on the net. I don't know...I guess I just refuse to give up my dream of being able not only to eat whatever my lil veggie heart desires but to also be able to cook what my poor lil sick body finds intriguing.


I LOVE food. The way it feels, looks, smells, tastes and all the wonderous ways one can prepare the bounty of the earth. My greatest dream (well...there is the baby grand, the swimming pool and the log home in the mountains) is to have a spectacular chef's kitchen, fully equiped, tons of natural light all around, laid out to perfection and homey and beautiful. *sigh*


Oh well...these are just my thoughts on this rainy, chilly Friday night creekside...

No comments:

Post a Comment