Thursday, November 17, 2011

11/17/11 Thankful Thursday

Yet again, it is Thursday. Maybe it is because Thursday has a purpose to it that I seem to take more note of it.  ? 


It is a really cold really wet day today, giving a glimpse to what the next months are bringing. I am thankful it is not yet winter. My bones are already cold and achy, needing 5 layers on my right hip. Plus a blankie and usually a hot pad. I am not thankful for the weather ahead. But today am thankful to be inside under the quilts with a hot pad.


I am a bit blue today for some reason, maybe the weather, the pain, being home alone. I wish I had a fire going, hot spicey chocolate in a Holiday cup, listening to Holiday music with all my fam around.


But wait.....this is supposed to be a Thankful Thursday post.......so maybe I will just pretend it is Moody Monday instead???


Nah...let me just take a minute, I'll get back to where I am supposed to be...


I am thankful that I got my new microwaveable heat pad from Amazon. I am sitting on it now. A couple of weeks ago I was heating up my flaxseed pad, late one night after having taken a sleeping pill, in the dark, with no glasses on. Need I say more? No, I didn't think so. Let me just advise that 20 min is waaaay too long a time to heat flax seeds in a microwave. The oven and back part of the house still smell wretched. I truly think a new oven will have to be purchased. And a bad time to have to keep windows in said part of house cracked open. *sigh*


Oops....moodiness seeping thru again.....


Hmmm.....

I am thankful for the "criver" (a not quite river + bigger than a creek = criver) running wild and free today after the massive amounts of rain we have had since last night. I love it when it is like this. So up I got myself and trekked creekside to take some pix to show you. And I am THANKFUL to be able to say that (1) I made it back alive and dry and (2) my mood is much improved.  : )
So here is said pix...


                                                                    Before rain...



                                                                     Today...



As you can see...a big difference, indeed. No walking down by the creek for us today.



So for now, Bay and I will leave you.......criverside.

No comments:

Post a Comment