Saturday, November 5, 2011

It is the weekend... : )



And I wait all week for them. I love having not to think about schedules and waiting till all the workers in the fam have finished their workday. I pay on Mondays, every week without fail, because my normal day's quiet schedule is even the least bit less quiet. But still and all, it is worth it.


Today is beautiful again. What a lovely Autumn we are having here. But in light of my way more then usual exciting Halloween activities, I am still paying a heavy toll so shan't be doing really anything at all. But that is ok...I have a fire going in the fireplace and my 2 bestest guys in the house and I am content here.  : )


Hope it is just as lovely where you are.....creekside or cityside.....   : )

4 comments:

  1. It's not lovely here. Remember remember the fifth of November - Sarey Beary's partial deafness keeps it from bothering her as much as usual when the fireworks get going, but she's still restless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a little though. Nothing anywhere near as bad as last year. I wouldn't have chosen hearing loss for her, but it does have it's plusses. They were doing construction work on the house next door for a couple months, and she'd have been a nervous wreck if she'd had full hearing then.

    I've taught her signs for come here, sit, and go lay down. Though mostly we just communicate with looks and snuggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...Guy Falkes Day?? I had forgotten.
    Yes, I hate that she is losing her hearing, too. But the hand signals are really helpful and the good thing is when they lose it gradually they don't seem to realize it so don't get frightened from it.
    Loves and cuddles are especially important now, gentle touches when you walk up to her from behind and really just general touches of reassurance.
    Looking into her eyes and communicating heart to heart works well, too. And Tipper especially loved gentle rubs and massages as I felt up to them. I guess I touched her more the last few years of her life than all the previous ones added together as she lost her hearing and eventually over the course of a couple of years, her eyesight. I think that kept her in touch...no pun intended but maybe very very insightfully descriptive...with the outside world in a way that she might not have been otherwise.
    God bless our precious older furbabies, they are such sweet blessings. Hig her extra tight from her Gramma. : ) And tell her to give her Mommy extra hugs from me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. **I mean "HUG" her extra tight from her Gramma...

    ReplyDelete